Another Week in the Tetons!!

I can’t believe it’s already been a week since my last post!  We’ve been busy with work now that things are starting to open up.  The campground’s open and has been a bit busier than expected.  But things are all definitely good.  Well, except for that pesky weather!  We’ve gotten even more snow a few times this last week.  One storm really just decided to dump on us quickly!!

1.More.Snow.05.24.10 7.More.Snow.05.24.10

 

 

 

 

We just sat in the house shaking our heads as we kept saying to each other, “I can’t believe this snow!!”

We’ve also had a few nice days in between too.  One day was just beautiful so I had to get out and take a few more photos!!  The clouds hanging on the mountains were just amazing!!!

We’ve seen quite a few more animals.  Just yesterday, I saw the cutest little Pine Marten!!  Of course, my camera wasn’t with me at the time because I was at work!  Thanks to the wonder of the internet, I was able to find this pic to show you what they look like. 

Pine marten  (Martes martesSal saw another black bear and a red fox too, but also didn’t have a camera with him for the same reason I didn’t have mine!

I also had this little Mountain Chickadee visit me at home the other morning.  I first saw him/her standing on our ladder in back, but then all of a sudden it was somehow hanging on to the window!  Such a cute face!!4.Mountain.Chickadee.Poecile.gambeli.05.23.10 Since it’s our first year working here, they allowed me to go on one of the half-day tours that they do here.  It was very interesting.  Unfortunately, the weather wasn’t the best, but I still learned more history on the park than I knew before.  It was fun! 

IMG_3041IMG_3043

 

 

 

 

 

The other night we were taken to one of the few pizza places close by and had a great time!!  Because there are few places to eat out at all nearby, the place was packed!!  And mostly with employees.  I’m sure it will be a madhouse later in the summer, but it sure was fun and good food too!!

We’re supposed to be going on a float trip down the Snake River on Tuesday so be sure to check back soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scary Name–AMAZING Place!!!

Blame the Computer!

Happy New Year